8.19.2007

Almost an Attorney

And so it begins.... I start work tomorrow. I have had a wonderful break. Our cruise was awesome, my house is clean and organized once again, I have bought a whole new wardrobe of lawyerly clothes, and most importantly I believe I have had more drunken nights in the last three weeks than I had in all four years of college. The bar exam is but a distant memory at this point. That's all. Just thought I'd check in. It may be a while before I check back.... The small firm I'll be working at (read: 2 other attorneys) has a trial starting a week from tomorrow so my first few weeks promise to be anything but boring. It sort of feels like second year of law school all over again - just when you thought the worst of it was over (this time the bar exam), you realize that there's just a whole new set of challenges ahead. But this time- I get a paycheck, and truth be told, I'm really excited about my job. Good luck to everyone out there starting jobs or still looking for them. If the next 3 months go anything like the last three weeks, that fateful day in November will be here before we know it.

4 comments:

Law Daze said...

Exactly. Just when you thought the worst (other than a February repeat) was over, awareness dawns.

h said...

I am starting to think a longer break than two days would've been good for me when I read posts like this -- it sounds like you had a great time off and are going back to work with a lot of energy. I've been back a couple weeks and am wondering what I was thinking, lol. Good luck with the trial!

Richard said...

Good luck with the new job! I wish i could find SOME kinda job - the earliest i can start anyway is next October i believe due to visa shite :(

biff said...

I think I start soon too. Good luck.