8.29.2007

Take this job and love it.

Just thought I'd pop in to report...

I LOVE MY JOB.

So law school was worth it. Giving up my summer to study for the bar was worth it. (Well... assuming the results are good in a couple of months).

But seriously- I could not have made a better decision. The fact that my firm is small is great because they are giving me so much responsibility right from the start, and at the same time I still have great access to two amazing attorneys no matter how stupid my questions are. Everybody I work with is awesome. I have been to two depositions and a mediation in the last week and a half. I've traveled down to Bakersfield, and up to San Francisco. I've met at least 10 real clients. I have an office- with a door. And I now have a full case load of 12 cases- cases that I will get to take depositions on as soon as I get sworn in this December. Cases that I will ultimately get to settle or take to trial. If all goes well, I will have filed my first lawsuit by the end of the week.

I have turned into a complete workaholic because I really love the work. I want to become an amazing advocate and litigator. I just can't help but smile. I am living my dream.

4 comments:

biff said...

I envy you.

h said...

It sounds like you found a great firm -- I like smaller firms in that you get a variety of experience early on. Congrats!

The Grand Poobah said...

Excellent! Congratulations!

It appears that I, too, am now employed, albeit not full time. Yet. But it will get there.

Again, Congrats!

Richard said...

hehe great to hear that someone enjoying work! :)