3.11.2007

10.05 pounds

My first package of prep materials from PMBR arrived on Thursday- 29 lecture CDs, 427 flashcards, and a GINORMOUS red book. The second book will be shipped separately. Of course, these are only the materials for PMBR- a 6 day and 3 day course which represent roughly 12% of my bar preparation classes. The UPS tracking website said this package of materials weighed 10.05 pounds. As my smart friend, Cutter, pointed out- the average human brain is only 8 pounds. This presents a problem.

The letter from PMBR included in the package says I should start listening to the CDs immediately. I am taking the advice of A Girl Walked Into A Bar (Exam) and planning on transferring the CDs to an mp3 player so I can listen to them anywhere. Since I am the seemingly the only person on the planet without an Ipod, I have used my Lexis Nexis research points to order a decent mp3 player. So, as soon as that comes in I'll start listening to the lectures. But I must admit, the box of CDs is making me feel guilty... maybe I should start sooner.

Other than that, I am still reading Mary Campbell Gallagher's book on writing essays. Her name makes me laugh everytime I look at the book, because it sounds like Mary Katherine Gallagher- Superstar! And then I feel like maybe it's her talking to me, telling me how to write bar exam essays like a superstar.

Still waiting for the new edition of John Talamo's book on MBEs to ship when it comes out on March 20th, and I've ordered 'Pass the Bar'- supposedly good as an intro to bar prep. Stupid Amazon sending out those emails... "If you liked this, you'll love this." For the time being, I have banned myself from Amazon.com. But for now, this should be a dangerous trio.


1 comment:

biff said...

The Talamo book is pretty useless. I'd just flip thru it very quickly. But you'll see when you get it.