3.13.2007

Book Report


So I finished Mary Campbell Gallagher's book: "Scoring High on Bar Exam Essays".

Overall, I would give the book a B+. I definitely like her basic method of how to write an essay- she makes it sound so simple. One paragraph per applicable rule, each paragraph follows the same "Under, Here, Therefore" structure. It was a great overview of what to expect for essays before I have even reviewed any of the substantive material.

I only have a couple complaints... first is that Ms. Gallagher teaches classes for the NY bar and definitely shows a bias towards NY essays and a few other states. Of the 85 or so practice essays in the book, only a few of them were CA questions. But I guess I'll figure out how useful they are once I get more into the material. My second complaint is that it was a bit pricy ($49.95) for what you get.

Now on to learning wills & trusts (which I never took in law school) until my other books get here...

2 comments:

Alexis said...

So I read some of the "girl walks into a bar"'s suggestions, and we totoally need to take walks everyday. Or maybe every other day. Something, to get you out of the house/library, and it could be good hangout time.

Amanda said...

I think you're forgetting how hot it is during summertime in fresno : P but starbucks is air-conditioned...