11.02.2007

A New Chapter is Being Written

We had chinese for dinner tonight. My fortune cookie said "a new chapter is being written in your life." I hope that means the bar examiners are writing "pass" next to my name. 2 weeks to results. Deep breath.

I still love my job. I just finished second-chairing my first trial. Well, second-chairing in the sense of getting to do everything but actually talk. Although they did let me argue objections during sidebars and when we went over jury instructions. It was awesome. I'm working on an opposition to a motion for summary judgment now. I've already done 5 complaints, the first round of discovery in 3 cases (2 of which were class actions), 4 motions to compel, an appellate brief to the 9th circuit, and a handful of other random motions. I'm also getting ready to present the defense side of a case to a mock jury for a trial we have coming up in January. If all goes well in 2 weeks, I'll be questioning a witness or two in that trial. And best of all- I'm having one of our secretaries (a notary public) swear me in asap after results so that I can take my first deposition on 11/21. Yeah, my job sort of rocks.

So, take another deep breath. Two weeks from right now, we'll be attorneys.

2 comments:

The Grand Poobah said...

Congratulations Amanda! I hope your success is due primarily to your Clarinet skills and that I can expect similar results because of mine! (;-)>

Seriously, It sounds like you've landed at a great firm that appreciates your intelligence and all the hard work you've put in to get here.

You're an inspiration to me and I hope you continue to post now and then.

Take care!

biff said...

You: second chair in jury trial before being licensed.

Me: not allowed to speak to the client.