4.19.2007

How to pay off your law school debt

I have a new plan that will pay off my $125K in law school loans. I am going to write my own bar prep book. They all essentially say the same thing anyway. I am currently reading Jeff Adachi's "MBE Survival Kit". I am on page 27 and so far it's just absolutely crap. He has so far said brilliant things such as "Success on the bar examination is a direct result of preparation," and "The key here is to carefully evaluate each selection before making your choice." Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!?!

Man, I just don't know what I would do without this enlightening advice. So I figure if this guy is making big bucks with his "SURVIVAL series", then why can't I say equally generic stuff and solve my financial woes?

3 comments:

Alexis said...

interesting....maybe you should make a "Bar prep for Dummies" book

The Grand Poobah said...

Seriously! I have a special section on my bookshelf for the worthless law school/bar-prep books I've purchased over the years. When I pass the Bar, I'm going to sell or give away the useful books but the others are going on the bonfire. I'm sure that fire will be worth something over $500. And that's not counting the worthless services that I've spent precious resources on.

K said...

Hmm.. thanks for saving me the money! Maybe I'll just hide in B&N for a few hours and flip thru the Adachi book instead of adding it to my collection of useless bar/law school books.

http://irrationalbasis.wordpress.com