4.03.2007

We are in BREACH.

Finished the Contracts PMBR CD set today. I still have 5 other sets to go, but this was the longest set- 7 CDs. The lecturer was good- apparently used to teach at Davis and likes that "village" a lot more than I do. It at least made the material interesting though. I love how he says "we are in BREACH" as if breach is like a code word for "nuclear holocaust" or something. I think my biggest concern about contracts (one of my stronger 1L subjects) will be the UCC/Common Law distinctions. Next up is criminal law...

Also, I've been reading a few of the random books that I impulse bought from amazon. Don't buy "Pass the Bar"- It's basically like a lame text book they'd make you buy if your law school offered some sort of pre-bar-prep class. Lots of useless advice like "don't stress out too much". I do, however, like the handout they have included- ready to photocopy- that you can give to friends and family so you can say "leave me fuck alone- I'm studying for the bar exam" in a nicer way that won't damage relationships in the long term.

In other news, I have four weeks left in my externship. I'm still fairly certain that half the office doesn't know my name... I'm not exaggerating- my client called the other day and once he was put through to me he told me that the secretary said "We don't have an Amanda in this office." He had to say "the law student" so she would remember who I am. Oh well, I didn't want to work there anyways. The firm I'll be working at after the bar only has two other attorneys and a handful of office staff... hopefully they'll all know my name.

Finally, my husband bought Guitar Hero 2 for the Xbox 360 today. That game may be the death of me during bar prep.

2 comments:

Blonde Blogger said...

Hi there, if you are living in fear of the MBE's, like I did and still do, check out the book, Strategies and Tactics for the MBE by Kimm Walton and Steve Emanuel. It has tips and tactics for each of the six subjects and has really helped me a lot. There are also a ton of real MBE questions, taken from past exams. My scores have increased substantially since using it. Good luck to you!

biff said...

The contracts CD were funniest.