4.20.2007

War Stories from the Frontlines

Just had a nice lunchtime conversation with my co-workers about their varied bar experiences:

1. Director of our office took his bar exam on a typewriter, lost one of his earplugs half way through day 3 and became MacGuyver in his quest not to go crazy from the clickety clack. He took a bathroom break, bummed a cigarette off of someone and used the filter of the cigarette as a makeshift ear plug.

2. Another attorney took the bar while 7 months pregnant and swore she was going to get shot by test takers annoyed by her multiple bathroom breaks in squeaky shoes.

3. The friend of an attorney began hyperventilating during the bar exam due to stress and had to be taken out by ambulance. She later passed on her second try and is now a reputable member of the bar.

4. Another attorney was sitting two seats away from a diabetic man who passed out during Day 3 of the exam. Proctors would not let anyone assist him and would not stop administration of the exam. Attorney attests conversation at the break was not regarding the man's condition or prognosis but rather "Is he going to be able to finish?"

All of these stories were of course concluded by telling me "you'll be fine though." Yeah, thanks.

3 comments:

biff said...

Haha. Number 1 is great.

Anonymous said...

Can I add your blog name in the blog list at www.jdjinx.com? Thanks

hoov, esq said...

I took my second bar exam 2 weeks after a major break-up, with a flu, and with no sleep because my flu medicine kept me wired all night. And not too far away from me, someone would dry heave every 15 minutes or so. I am now a less than reputable member of the bar.

So you'll be fine.