5.27.2007

Damn those Damages.

Just finished up with the rest of the assigned Torts MBEs and practice essays for this weekend. I didn't get much done yesterday because I was on the verge of death (aka the common cold). Couple of frustrations though...

1. I did pitifully on the Advanced Torts MBEs- 54% to be exact. But... I did feel like I learned a lot by diligently reading all the explanations.

2. Looking through the Paced Program, I realized that 'MPQ-IQ' means intermediate questions- not introductory questions. So... I basically did the wrong assignment on both Thursday and Friday. That explains my astonishing 88%... I'm thinking I should do the Intermediate questions now, but ugh... What are the introductory questions there for anyways then??

3. The last essay assigned sort of pissed me off. It was a torts crossover with a lot of remedies and a little contracts. The contract issue was pretty easy to deal with, but the remedies stuff was a big part of the fact pattern and I felt like I was sort of blindly making stuff up to deal with it. Now, I don't really want to say Barbri shouldn't give us crossover essays to start, but maybe they should deal with Remedies sooner since it does show up as a crossover issue a lot. I was also mildly frustrated that the video lecture didn't even mention wrongful death or survival; the conviser gave it about 5 lines, and yet this essay relied very heavily on that cursory review they gave us. I guess Barbri really isn't holding our hands as much as we think they are...

Now all I have left is reading the Conviser Mini Review section on Con Law and then I might actually be able to take tomorrow off!

On an unrelated sidenote, I went to a reunion last night for my college honors program, and for the first time experienced that difficult task of explaining my limbo... Yes, I have graduated from law school. No, I am not a lawyer yet. Yes, the bar exam is not until July. No, that does not mean I have the summer off. Yes, that does mean that my official occupation right now is "bar exam studier." No, I am not just overdoing it. The bar exam really is that hard. Ugh.

1 comment:

biff said...

I just did the Torts advanced MBE's too. I did slightly worse than you. They were pretty counter-intuitive.