5.25.2007

No blind squirrel here.

On intro day, Barbriman told us to make sure to review all the MBE explanations because we would often get questions right but for the wrong reason.... as he so eloquently put it, "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then." I did the 40 assigned torts questions and got 88% right- I was especially proud, because reading through the explanations I generally was not that blind squirrel. woo hoo!

Then I went ahead and outlined the first two essays, which isn't technically assigned until tomorrow, but my husband wasn't home yet, and I figured the more I got done when he wasn't here, meant more time I could spend with him when he was. That was probably a bad idea, since they killed my confidence a bit. Like Biff noted earlier, doing the essays makes you realize that you actually have to be able to recite this stuff, not just know it well enough to guess best out of 4.

So I whipped out the flashcards I made while going through the conviser and spent a solid two hours memorizing them. I actually like memorizing stuff, and when I was in college, I developed quite a system... memorize 5 cards at a time, review after you make it to 20, then 5 more at a time, then review at 40, etc. etc. Just reviewed the thick stack of all 100 or so and I'm feeling pretty confident again. Don't worry... I actually understood the concepts that I was memorizing, and if I didn't I made myself look it up in the conviser or the 'big book' if need be.

On the agenda for tomorrow: 50 advanced MBEs, and 2 more essays, but this time full out simulated. If I can also squeeze in getting through the Con Law material in the conviser and making flashcards, I would be done with the paced program until Tuesday, and I might reward myself on Sunday with a trip up to Bass Lake to see my grandparents and go out on their party boat. My grandpa called me about an hour ago asking if I would come (they're only about 45 minutes away) but saying that he understood because he knew I was really busy studying, emphasizing again how proud of me he is. He must have read that handout I sent with my graduation thank you notes...

1 comment:

Alexis said...

I hope you're feeling better. I cann't remember the last time i was this sick.