5.24.2007

Terrible, horrible, no good very bad day

So far, that sums it up. The best part of my day thus far were the 4 hours I spent listening to the Torts lecture. That guy (Schecter) cracks me up. After two references to Borat, he had me hooked. On a sidenote though, when my non-law school friend asked me for a funny highlight from the lecture, none of them seemed that funny in a non-legal context. Oh wait, except for what he said about defibrilators never working on the first try on tv. But on to the whining...

So I started my day wrong. Dubya pre-empted Good Morning America for a press conference in which he actually said we really need to get other countries to eat American beef because "it's good for 'em". Please no political spamming here- this is a very unintelligent commentary on the deep hatred I have for that man, but my point is that listening to him this morning just got my day off to a bad start. Also, I am officially sick. I have had a sore throat for three days now, but it was slight so I could still remain in denial. Today, however, my right nostril is stuffed and all I want to do is sleep. So after lecture, I gave up on denial and went to Target to get kleenex and day-quil. On to the library where I prodded myself through 17 torts 'drills' and got a pitiful 8 right. Then I went to watch the DVD they handed out today. And alas, the DVD did not work on my laptop. I think these lectures are also available online, but I don't get wireless internet at the library I study at, so I went home. (This is a bad thing because in my world, home is where productivity goes to die. I have wireless internet, tivo, and guitar hero 2.) For whatever reason, the DVD worked in my husband's Xbox (so I can finally be grateful he bought it...) so I watched it while laying on the couch, alternating between making flashcards and blowing my nose. At some point I dozed off and woke up with my flashcards scattered on the floor and Mr. Duffy still rambling on about products liability. I rewound, sat up, and finally finished the video. Left on the paced program for today are 33 torts MBEs which should take about an hour to do and an hour to go over. I know you don't have the time to listen to me whine, so get back to your own work, and I'll get back to mine.

1 comment:

hoov, esq said...

Just wait until you get to Whitebread. "If got that question wrong, not only will you fail the exam - you will fail at life!"

Epstein is also worth showing up for.