5.17.2007

Why's it so quiet in here?

A twelve year old walked into the quiet room at the library today and said "Why's it so quiet in here?" and then giggled... while I was trying to figure out if Blackacre was springing, reverting, or just plain sitting there. If he does that around the middle of July, would I be justified to commit a battery against him? Could I defend that he assumed the risk of getting attacked when he crossed the path of a bar studier? I'll report back on my findings after our Crim Law lecture tomorrow. Oh, and I might not be back until Sunday... I have to go graduate on Saturday : )

4 comments:

The Grand Poobah said...

Your defense would be successful if you added that you had just consumed 20 Twinkies in an effort to keep your blood sugar up so that you could remain alert during the property review.

(;-)>

Blonde Blogger said...

I had a similar experience with kids in the library...and psychotic grandmothers with brand new cell phones!!! Dirty looks work well with the kids.....

Alexis said...

I'm convinced the library near here has been converted into a day care center.

Alexis said...

I think you need to look into the squirt gun thing Paul suggested. It would be funny and it would get the point across!