6.04.2007

Unforeseeable and Unbelievable

So I got rear-ended today on the way home from Barbri. I wanted to scream at the stupid kid "I am busy studying for the bar- couldn't you have hit someone else?" But instead I took his insurance information and headed home. My insurance company scolded me for not calling the police- but can you imagine how much study time I would have lost if I had?? Luckily, there doesn't appear to be major damage to my car or his- just some scratches on my bumper. And my husband is freakin' amazing (remind me of this if I start bitching about some little thing he does in July). He insisted on coming home and is taking care of all the insurance claim/inspection stuff for me so that I can just study. Oh, and he is offering unlimited backrubs for my sore whiplashed neck. I'd better get back to studying though- if I fail the bar there's no way I could sue the kid who hit me- proximate cause wouldn't hold up. Though maybe a claim of negligent infliction of emotional distress to tack onto my suit for damages to my car would hold up... After all, under the egg shell doctrine you do have to take your plaintiff as you find them... bar obssessed or otherwise...

2 comments:

biff said...

I wouldn't even have stopped.

Amanda said...

well... glad I did now- my husband (and the insurance inspector) thought the damage was more serious than I initially thought- $550 worth to be precise. I guess he's right to worry about it, since the car is not even a year old. But yeah, my first thought was- I don't have time for this!