6.25.2007

The Universe and Me

Does anyone else feel like the universe is having a great time playing tricks on us while we're uber-stressed? Last night circa 11:30 I had just (luckily) printed my civ pro essay to turn in for grading. I was reading through the sample answer and POOF out went the power. After a few minutes of yelling at myself for not keeping a flashlight handy, I lit a candle, found the number for PG&E and gave them a ring. "Yes ma'am, that is a scheduled outage. The power will be back on at 2pm tomorrow." WTF?? They can do that?? Isn't this some sort of a due process violation... power = life... interest in life = protectable by due process... PG&E = equivalent of big bad gov't? My husband's solution? Just go to bed. My solution? Study by candle light- the way our founding fathers and such became lawyers back in the day. This morning was even worse- getting ready without my straightening iron, morning caffeine fix, and most importantly- Good Morning America. A travesty of enormous proportions. It's back on now, thankfully. Unfortunately, my tivo hasn't yet recovered and keeps telling me there is 'Satellite Info Error'. Probably for the best, I'm supposed to devote the next three hours of my life to Bart's Toys Performance Exam anyways.

4 comments:

biff said...

The business of running utilities is not state action, I don't think.

Amanda said...

Yeah, you're right, but I couldn't think of any better way to sue those jerks : )

Liney said...

Oh my gosh - how miserable. It's things like that that just annoy the average person, but totally send us spinning into space these days. I've had a really short fuse lately when things don't operate status quo.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! Having a planned power outage and not telling anyone about it is ridiculous.