6.21.2007

Pacman takes the bar

In an effort to postpone today's inevitable list of paced program tasks, I decided to read my fellow bloggers thoughts for the day. And I found that we are all very much at that wall. It's not that I don't have the motivation to pass the bar- under no circumstances do I want to do this again- but I'm just starting to sort of feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall. I sort of feel like Pacman- every time I get time to freeze so that I can memorize one subject, those damn ghosts (the other subjects) wake up again. I have this fear that every time I memorize something new, something old falls out of my at-capacity brain. But still... the paced program keeps us chugging on.

I'm also finding myself more incapable of handling the smallest things. Children are the worst- especially when I'm in Target or at my apartment gym. There was a story on GMA today about some people who complained about their neighbors' loud kids who apparently live in the pool in the summertime. The parents' were actually criminally charged with violation of a noise ordinance. The GMA hosts were of course acting as if this were the silliest thing. But my sympathy immediately went to the complaining neighbors- maybe they're stuyding for the bar, I thought. (a tangential point- the GMA hosts kept commenting about how litigious our society is getting- suing for every little thing, and I was literally screaming at the TV "They said CRIMINAL charges, not a CIVIL law suit you idiots!!")

I also feel like basic information has escaped from my brain to make room for the elements of defamation and justiciability doctrines. Such as... I had to drive to the office I used to work at today to pick up some baseball tickets (It's Law Clerk Appreciation night tonight) and I literally could not remember which street to turn on. I worked there a month and a half ago!

On that note, I'd better get to work. Law Clerk Appreciation Night at the ballpark means I'd better get crackin' on memorizing my agency and partnership flashcards, knocking out a few essay outlines, and reading the Civ Pro conviser for tomorrow. By the way, Kaufmann was a total hoot- even better that he seriously annoyed the douchebag who sits in front of me.... even though he kind of looks like him. (If you're wondering why the guy is a douchebag, it's because he thinks he's smarter than all of our lecturers... combined)

Oh and for inquiring minds that want to know, I got a 'pass' on my property turn-in essay- Passed on all 4 judging criteria. Woo hoo. Now if only I could get more than 50% of the Property MBEs right, I'd be good to go.

1 comment:

The Grand Poobah said...

I, too, have that "new stuff goes in, old stuff falls out" feeling. But then my study partner calls with a question and I'm amazed at how my brain takes over and real legal sounding stuff starts emanating from my mouth. And it's usually correct legal sounding stuff! And when it isn't exactly correct, I can see the weaknesses in my explanation.

So have faith. If an old fart like me can retain some of this stuff, you can too.

And have a great time at the game. It's a perfect time to take a break.