6.30.2007

Waste of Time

Just went for my daily run. I was incredibly pissed off when I got a few minutes in and realized my mp3 player had run out of batteries. So much for listening to PMBR lectures. And my first thought was "Damn... this run will be a waste of time." And then I remembered fondly my college psych professor who told us that in Brazil, there is no translation for 'waste of time' because their lifestyle is far more laid back and no time is truly wasted. And then I thought... they must not have a bar exam in Brazil.

And then I got home, checked my mail and received that scary threatening letter from the bar that says "Tell your law school to get their act together, and send us proof that you graduated, OR ELSE." I agree with you Poobah- I think at this stage of the game, we're talking grounds for NIED. So I fell to the ground and skinned my knee just so I could associate some physical harm and satisfy the damages requirement. Ok, that last part is in jest.. but maybe I should have.

1 comment:

The Grand Poobah said...

That's EXACTLY right! Did you see "Christmas Story"? The part where Ralphie almost does shoot his eye out and he has to work up some tears as evidence that he really was hit by a falling ice sickle?

That's probative, isn't it?