6.20.2007

Essay Aggravation

Time and time again the sample answers, the Barbri graders, and Mr. Sakai himself have reminded us to format our answers in exact order with the call of the question. So in a diligent effort to follow instrutions I just simulated Corporations Practice Essay #4 from the Essay Workbook. Here is the call of the question:

"To what relief is Pat entitled in the derivative action, and on what bases, and against which defendants. Discuss. Do not discuss federal or state securities law issues."

And so even though it made absolutely no sense to me, I organized my essay as follows:
  • Pat's Relief in a Derivative Action
  • Bases For Relief
  • Parties Against whom Pat may Recover

And how does the sample answer organize the essay??

  • Pat v. Carl
  • Pat v. Motco's New Directors
  • Pat v. Bigco

WHAT DO THEY WANT FROM ME????

On a happier sidenote, I absolutely made the right decision in skipping the Barbri MBE review today. I got a ton done and (in spite of this essay) am feeling very optimistic and relaxed.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

how aggravating

Liney said...

I totally know that feeling... They say IRAC, but the model answers don't!