6.17.2007

Ready to rock the MBE

Started off today with the contracts essay for grading.... ugh. I tried really hard to be the master of the flying obvious that I thought they wanted me to be (i.e. going through the elements of a valid contract and mentioning that the statute of frauds was satisfied even when the facts state 'there was a valid written contract'). As it turns out, today they didn't want the obvious. If there's a such thing as 'over-issue-spotting', I am really really good at it. And then, I tried to organize the essay using "Armadillos from Texas play rap eating tacos" since the call of the question was pretty broad. Nope- apparently I was supposed to set out the plaintiff's rights, the plaintiff's remedies, and then the defendant's defenses... even if that format makes no logical sense in the context of the question. So in that vein, I am absolutely thrilled that after the MBE simulation tomorrow, we get a nice break from MBEs for a while so that I can focus on that elusive passing essay...

As far as the MBEs go, I'm feeling great. I scored 80% today on my set of 50. My overall weekend average was 72%, and each set got progressively better. I was super dedicated about reading the answers and explanations thoroughly, making flashcards for the concepts I didn't know, and then actually reviewing those flashcards. So I feel ready for tomorrow- 6 hours of testing, here I come.

2 comments:

Liney said...

Oh those Texas armadillos. I still don't quite get how to organize like that. I love the analogy - but I'm practically lost... at least you're a step ahead of me :)

Gregor Renk said...

That’s a nice score! I am busy with my LSAT Prep these days and it also has a similar syllabus. It will be very nice of you, if you can help with the online courses and study material. I am also working now days because my family is not financially stable and so I get very less time to go for classes.