6.06.2007

Property is a buzzkill

We had our last day of Paula Property today. I really started dragging around the 1.5 hour mark. Unfortunately, that was also the most important part- the part about mortgages that my 1L property professor NEVER mentioned. But, talking to some others on the break, I realized that property is really serving as the buzz kill in the midst of Barbri. I felt like I was chugging along, keeping up, truly understanding the forest while still memorizing the trees... and then we got to property. Is anyone else just completely overwhelmed with this subject? There are A LOT of trees in this forest that I don't know, not to mention the fact that I don't quite see the forest just yet. And now we're already moving onto Evidence- another subject I'm incredibly worried about because of a shitty law professor and my short attention span in law school. Eek.

On another note, I tivo 'The View' every day (because I am a loser), but I have decided that it is actually a valuable show to watch on my lunch break. Yesterday, in discussing the new court ruling in New York regarding free speech and what cuss words they can air on TV I felt it necessary to recite outloud for them the free speech test that they were not understanding. Today, they started a healthy debate on California community property laws in light of Larry Whats-his-name's impending divorce.

And finally, is anyone else the least bit pissed off that Paris Hilton gets to keep her hair extensions while in jail? What about the poor Rustafarian (sp?) man a few years ago who had to go all the way to the 9th Circuit to argue his religious right to keep his dred locks despite the penalogical interest in a safe prison where guys don't hide guns in their hair?? And yet Paris doesn't even have to fight for her right to wear hair extensions? Ah well, it'll just make it easier for someone to make her their bitch- grab her by the hair!

On to crush my spirits with 40 more intermediate Property MBEs and 2 property essay outlines. Then on to come to the realization that I don't know jack about evidence. Have a nice day studiers.

1 comment:

Law Daze said...

Your title says it all.