6.09.2007

Objection Your Honor! They're misapplying the rules of evidence!

In an effort to de-stress after a long day of studying, I turned on one of those cheesy Lifetime tv movies that I used to enjoy. Unfortunately, studying evidence all day completely ruined it. The dramatic court trial was full of ridiculously fake objections such as "Objection your honor, that question is unfair and prejudicial." When they started introducing documentary evidence without proper authentication, my head almost exploded and I almost had to change the channel. The final straw was at the end when she found evidence that proved the real murderer was her husband, she confronted him, and he told her "you can't testify against me- you're my wife." Sorry dude- your Witness Wife holds that privilege because we're not talking about confidential marital communications. Will we ever be normal again?

1 comment:

Alexis said...

See, I have been thinking about that...no you will not be "normal" again (if normal=being a bit ignorant to the actual rules of law). But be proud...you will be smarter than all of us =)