6.13.2007

The Paced Program Made Me Do It

So today, me and the girl I sit by in Barbri realized that we both wore green shirts, and ate bananas on our first break. We agreed that it must have been on the Paced Program. Otherwise, why would we have done it? Then we started to talk about our sick devotion to the paced program- if it told us to jump off a cliff, would we? Probably... these Barbri people have years of experience in figuring out how to pass this thing, and apparently green shirts, bananas, and jumping off cliffs have something to do with it.

In other news, we finished Contracts today, thereby wrapping up the Big 6 subjects. Epstein was good- entertaining hypos that proved he is obsessed with armadillos, grits, and Sharon Stone. The highlight, however, was learning that Conviser is a person- the founder of Barbri to be exact. Shows what I know- I thought it was some fancy synonym for 'Summary' or something. I loved when Epstein pointed out that a buyer still has a duty to pay even if the subject matter of the contract is destroyed- after all there is still money left in the world... and Conviser has most of it. : )

Speaking of Conviser overcharging us for his services... was anyone else angered by the 'Evidence Update' email we received last night. Thanks Barbri- those corrections would have been super helpful BEFORE I spent the weekend memorizing what you'd told me before. Now I have to go back and figure out the differences. No worries, I'll do it in all the free time the paced program allows me. [insert sarcasm here]

Oh, and we survived another day without a bar prep rival gang riot in the hallways... ah well, we can always hope for tomorrow.

6 comments:

biff said...

Epstein's digs at Conviser gets even funnier if you actually met Conviser. Conviser is as dull as a doorknob. I have to giggle just thinking about how he'd react to Epstein's hypos about him and Heidi Fleiss.

Yah and that email... I fully expect we'll get another update sometime in July.

Law Daze said...

Was that MBE or a state evidence update? I'm doing BarBri's homestudy (the stepchildren of bar prep) and have received nothing. Out of sight, out of mind, unless they want more $$$. If it's a federal rule MBE update, would you considering sharing?

Anonymous said...

I actually had Prof Conviser for Conflicts of Law and Remedies in law school. Funny guy. You just can't decide if you love him or hate him. He teaches all of this classes like Barbri which actually weren't bad.

Anonymous said...

Conviser would love the hypos about him and Heidi Fleiss. He definintely considers himself a big ladies mane

Richard said...

hmmm i didnt hear anything about additional evidence stuff but then I'm doing home study and only got the MATERIALS yesterday so I guess they don't tell me stuff anyway! lol - paced planner ROCKS... kinda!

Anonymous said...

I thought the Epstein lecture was so boring that I contemplated jamming my pen into my eye socket in order to snap myself out of the trance I was falling into.