6.20.2007

Ditch Day

So after trying to rationalize in yesterday's blog, I'm now willing to admit that another day of the MBE review would be a big fat waste of my time. So I'm ditching Barbri for the first (and probably last) time. I'm having horrible feelings of guilty and worry that I'm doing the wrong thing. Not being a sheep is scary.

But my plan for the day should turn out much better: review the simulated MBE on my own (including the property stuff that Duffy didn't explain yesterday), spend a bit of extra time on evidence, and then shift gears from the MBE to the CA subjects.

We had our corporations lecture on Friday and were supposed to outline two essays last night and simulate two tonight. But I just didn't feel ready. I was exhausted from my day with Duffy, et. al so I just memorized my flashcards and made some more that I didn't have time to make during the lecture because he moved through the last part pretty fast. So the plan today is to do the two outlines- and really do them, not just half ass them like I usually do with the outlines. And then simulate two. And then I have to read the agency conviser for tomorrow's lecture. If I had gone to the MBE review, I wouldn't have gotten home until 5:30 and then still would have had to do all this. So I think I'm making a good choice- now on to productivity.

2 comments:

The Grand Poobah said...

Working your own schedule is a good thing. I, too, am ditching the BarBri lectures for my own study plan. The benefit is that you can work on your weaknesses and fortify your strengths as appropriate. The detriment is that it's easy to lose track and flail around looking for "the right thing" to study. I always feel like I'm looking at the wrong book. But my study plan is detailed enough that if I get off track, it's easy to get back on.

That Girl said...

Don't feel too bad. I headed out at lunch today too - but I'm having the exact same guilty nagging feelings you are. Bah! And these corporations essays aren't making me feel any smarter.