6.16.2007

Weekends are so last year

I have pretty much given up on the idea of having days off. But I have also decided that this is ok. I think I am less stressed if I just stick to the paced program and enjoy the days where I finish a little early.

Last night was nice- we drove around in my husband's car for a while, although we opted not to stop for the alcohol I originally wanted since we were afraid the car wouldn't start again due to some battery problems... We went through a DUI checkpoint which gave me a great opportunity to recite some criminal procedure to hubby. Then he started talking about not selling the car as he's been trying to do for the last few months... which gave me another great opportunity to explain to hubby the legal significance of the advertisment he has posted online (invitation for an offer) and subsequent communications with potential buyers (some could constitute offers but all seem revocable until they are accepted).

Today was equally fantastic. I slept in until 8:30 (remember the days when that wasn't even close to sleeping in?) I had a leisurely breakfast and cup o' tea and then started the day's assignment- 100 mixed MBE drills. I did them in sets of 17, timed for 30 minutes each. I did great on the 1st 50- a 72% average, getting an 85% on the middle set of 17! Then I took a lunch break before hitting up the other 50, again 17 at a time. Not quite as good- 60% this time. But I read all of the answer explanations carefully, noted the areas that I'm still unclear on and kept reminding myself- the more we bleed in battle, the less we bleed in war. And then by 5pm- I was done with the paced program for the day! So I went for a run (in the hot central valley heat, this was not my best idea of the day but the gym was closed) and took a shower. Now I'm waiting for my husband to come home from his brother's house (I banished him to there earlier today) so we can figure out what to do for dinner.

I considered getting a jump start on tomorrow's assignment, but I think it'd be better to let my brain rest. Instead, I'll enjoy an exciting evening of sorting through the stacks of mail I haven't opened this week, making sure our bills are paid, and doing some laundry. Yes, it's a dull life, but I feel calm and unstressed- which is more than I can say for the last few weeks that I've tried to cram the paced program into 6 days. So that's it- good bye weekends- I'll see you in August.

No comments: