7.26.2007

I just can't stop smiling.

Because the bar exam is OVER!!!!! And if the performance I gave over the last three days isn't passing, then quite frankly I don't know what is.

I felt like I did even better on the three essays today than Tuesday, and I felt pretty damn good about Tuesday's essays. After each essay, I get up for a bathroom break, but I always peak ahead so I can start thinking about what's coming. After question 5, I flipped ahead to question 6- "Husband and Wife...." I couldn't stop smiling all the way to the bathroom. The proctors must have thought I was crazy. I <3 community property. I am also crazy proud of myself because I spotted the agency issue on Essay 2 (I don't think it was a big deal to miss, I just talked about the liability of the agent when the principal is undisclosed and the liability of the principal for Ks entered into by agent in the mutuality of enforcement section of the specific performance analysis.) I'm surprised that they didn't hit us on civil procedure or professional responsibility. But even though a lot of the subjects they hit were unexpected, I couldn't have asked for a better test. I feel like it was fair- or at least as fair as the CA bar exam can be.

The PT was nothing crazy which made me overjoyed. I think I managed to interweave every fact I possibly could. Although I was thinking it would have been super cool if they'd managed to include the Anna Nicole Smith case in our library.

What an awesome feeling when the proctor called time. The convention center erupted in applause. We are done.

On the drive home, I started laughing uncontrollably. It's over and I feel damn good about it- not just that it's over, but that I think I actually passed it.

Now off to bed... I am freakin' exhausted.

7 comments:

some guy said...

That's funny - no one clapped when we were done. Everyone just got up and left. Lots of talking but definitely no applause.

The Grand Poobah said...

I was in Ontario, Hall B. People applauded when time was called and erupted when we were given permission to leave.

I feel like I have a chance, but that's about it.

Congrats on doing well, or at least feeling like you did well. It'll make the next 112 days easier to handle.

TGP

biff said...

I'm unconsciously smiling too. But I am not confident I passed.

calbar blondie said...

Where did you take the exam, Amanda? In San Diego, there was lots of applause, hoots, hollers and tears, I would say.

Amanda said...

I was in Sacramento

Brittany said...

I don't know if you still check this, but I am studying my life away right now and knowing that this feeling actually WILL happen this day is really, really encouraging. haha

Amanda said...

Glad to hear this blog is still serving a purpose out in the blogosphere Brittany! Good luck!