7.14.2007

Warm-up

If there has one thing that has become abundantly clear over the last few days, I need a warm-up before the MBE. Each morning this week, I have started with MBEs, and with the exception of torts, I have scored lower than 60% on my first set of 17 and higher than 75% on my subsequent sets. Coincidence? I think not. I think I read in Talamo's book that it's a good idea to do a set of MBEs right before the actual test to get yourself warmed up. And I'm beginning to see his point. So that's what I'll be doing on a Wednesday morning in the not so distant future...

In other exciting news, I bought a new pair of running shoes last night. My old pair were cheapies from Target and had begun bruising my toenails. Pretty gross, right? I've never really felt athletic enough to buy name brand running shoes before, but seeing as how the bar exam has pushed me into running upwards of 3 miles a day, I figured it was time to make an investment. They are beautiful. I feel a little like Forrest Gump. It was also interesting to see the outside world/inside of a store again. I just wandered around Kohl's with a dazed look on my face.



Then I went to Office Depot to get a binder and tab dividers for my patented 'Bar Exam Attack Pack'. Wandering around Office Depot, an employee asked if he could help me find something. I said "no, just looking, thanks." He probably thought I was crazy. Who goes to Office Depot just to browse? Back to the grind now though- I guess I know how Paris Hilton felt when they sent her back to prison after her brief stint out.

No comments: