7.12.2007

To Perform or not to Perform

I have on my schedule today to do a Performance Test. But I'm starting to wonder if that's worth the time... So far, I have done 4 PTs:

1: totally half-assed it, it barely counts
2: felt crappy about it, but did ok according to the sample answer
3: felt crappy about it, turned in for grading, got a passing grade
4: did during the simulated written day, felt told in control when the pressure of the timed situation was actually on, totally owned it

So... I'm beginning to think that (a) I do well on these when the pressure is actually on, (b) I do decent even when the pressure isn't totally on.. because in all honesty they're sort of a joke, and (c) does practicing really make someone better at these?

What is everyone else doing? I'm trying to be a sheep, so I need a herd to follow : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheep follow the paced program, and what Mr. H says. I am only doing the one assigned and the Breene and Frost.

Anonymous said...

I've done 20 PT's some of which I started before Barbri started and before graduation, and if a hard one comes, it still trips me up. There's no trick to it, ride the curve because everyone will be suffering the same.