7.20.2007

TGIF?

I woke up with a sore throat this morning and almost had a heart attack. But after chugging my daily glass of airborne water and another glass of orange juice, I'm starting to convince myself that it was just on account of dear husband leaving the fan on high all night.

And then just when I was thinking about how awful it would be to take the bar with a cold, I heard on GMA that there was a bit of a quake in Oakland. Biff- how ya doing? They said a Safeway closed on account of the damage and my first thought was, "Oh, I hope it's not Biff's safeway... where will he study...." So I hope all the bay area test takers are doing ok. And I certainly hope that wasn't just a warm-up for a bigger one to hit during the test. Because Lord knows, the CA Bar Examiners would just tell you to keep going and not let chunks of plaster falling on your laptops slow you down.

So with those positive thoughts... on to another day. I'm finishing my final substantive subject review this morning- Civil Procedure. And then this afternoon I will be working to make my attack binder absolutely perfect so that I can just rely on it as my bible all weekend while I chug through as many of the remaining essays as I can.

This is it kids. The final bar prep weekend. Next weekend... will actually be a weekend.

4 comments:

xkx said...

I live in oakland. I didn't feel anything.

Richard said...

I woke up the same actually - convinced I got a cold coming on due to the recirculated plane air - grrrrr! Just overdosing on Vit C at moment and trying to keep any kinda cold away - that's the last thing we need right now!!

Liney said...

Haha I carry around airborne too

biff said...

I think the earthquake actually cleaned my place up a bit. Just kidding I didn't feel a thing. And the Safeway is fine.