7.23.2007

Welcome to the Hotel California (Bar Exam Edition)

I'm here.

The drive was fine. Lunch with my husband was surprisingly fine considering his brother commented that he "had no doubt I would pass because you've never failed anything before." Sure, that sounds complimentary, but in my present state, it sounded more like "you're freaking out for nothing."

Then I got into Sacramento and remembered why I hate big cities. Yes, I consider Sacramento a big city. I refused to pay $25 per day for valet, so I parked in the self-parking across the street for $13/day, and lugged my massive amounts of luggage down the street in the 100 degree plus heat. Then I got into the lobby, and two assholes from my barbri class cut in front of me and then looked at me as if to say, "what are you gonna do something about it?" Seriously? Are they just assholes, or are they resorting to guerilla tactics to get the competitive edge by psyching me out? Whatever. Their childish antics can't phase me.

So I get to my room, which is nice, but I'm doubting my decision to stay in the same hotel as all the other test-takers. This place is swarming with the same people who have pissed me off and annoyed me for the last 3 years. Good idea to be around them now? Good iddeeeeaa??

Also, despite the fact that I'm paying $159 per night for a one person room, I have already added $36 for parking and $30 for 3 days of internet onto that. WTF does the $159 a night pay for?

I'm planning on chilling here for a bit and then wandering around the neighborhood to get a lay of the land and make plans for sustenance in the next few days (i.e. good food that I can get quickly without dealing with swarms of other test-takers.) I'd also like to find a safe/nice place to run tomorrow morning. I'm gonna need those endorphines.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Good luck! :)

weezermonkey said...

Best wishes! You can do it!