7.20.2007

Sue 'em all, Let the lawyers sort 'em out

I've officially decided that I don't like civil procedure. I thought it was just my crappy 1L professor, but no- it's the subject. All of the practice essays just seem like big fat clusterfucks (excuse the language, but we are down to a mere 4 days). And for some reason, these rules just aren't sticking. Issue-spotting is not the problem- it's remembering all the damn rules. Grr. This is especially frustrating considering this is one of the only subjects that might have applicability in real life as I'm going into civil litigation. Oh well, I'll figure that out after the bar exam.

In other news, I have moved my study center to my bedroom- at least temporarily. If I were a corporation, the nerve center would probably still be at the dining room table because it's where the decisions happen (and it's where the paced program is), but the muscle center would be the bedroom b/c of the productivity happening here. All procedural issues aside, I was just super super super tired of sitting at that damn dining room table. In fact, I announced to Husband last night that upon receiving my first paycheck I think I'll buy a new dining room table and ceremoniously burn this one.

Alright, back to it.

2 comments:

biff said...

I am a citizen of Safeway.

Richard said...

ugh civ pro sucks - i bet it's gonna be some stupid specific question about limited civil cases or some shit - 'orrible!