7.23.2007

The lay of the land

Well.. at least I'm getting my $30 worth out of the internet I paid for... I'm bored in the hotel room, but am trying to stop myself from the giving in to the temptation to study so as not to endup like the nut job Sakai talked about.

I walked around a bit, scoped out the convention center- already set up with lots of scary signs. I also scoped out the State Capitol park which is thisclose to my hotel, so that should make for a nice inspiring run tomorrow morning- seriously- you just can't beat looking up through the trees and seeing a gov't dome. Ok, maybe I'm a dork.

Then I walked about 5 blocks from my hotel to Old Spaghetti Factory and got my favorite comfort food to go. I'm glad I did that because I also discovered a nice jamba juice and subway across the street. I timed the walk back- about 10 minutes. I'm thinking those will be my lunchtime destinations during test days so that I can avoid the crush at the few eateries right around the covention center.

Now I'm thinking about going down to the hotel fitness center to get out some nervous energy. If I crank up my mp3 player loud enough I can ignore all the obnoxious test-takers still talking loudly about substantive law. Then maybe a soak in the big ol' bathtub that my $159 per night apparently pays for.

No comments: