7.13.2007

Me & My Dragon

After a day full of MBEs, comparison charts, flashcards, essays, and a bit of frustration, I think I have begun to slay my dragon. In fact, here's a picture of me and my dragon now:


Here's how I did it:

1) focused on perfecting my understanding of the FRE through MBEs. Once I felt comfortable with my scores...

2) moved onto the comparison charts in conviser. I ripped out all the comparison charts in the FRE outline and then read through the California distinctions chart, writing in important notes to the comparison charts and making my own charts when necessary. I also supplemented this with the distinctions from Adachi's Survival Kit supplement.

3) Focused on the big areas that they would seem likely to test distinctions in: impeachment (especially concerning convictions) and hearsay exceptions.

4) Boiled down the big stuff to a new set of flashcards. This was after I decided my old ones were worthless thanks to the wonder that is Victor Gold.

5) Started practicing essays. This is where I got really excited- as it turns out Barbri gave us a little bit better than the butter knife I described earlier... the sample answers in the CEWB book actually have California distinctions worked in.

So far I've outlined three essays (2 from the essay workshop handout and one from CEWB) and simulated one more from CEWB. I did really well on the last simulated one, thus allowing me to post the picture above. I'm going to shoot for simulating one more (probably the one from the graded assignments book) and outlining the rest from the CEWB book tonight. It's been a good day considering I was dreading it this morning- at least I won't freak out now if get an evidence question on the big day...

1 comment:

Richard said...

That's great! :) I started to wander off in the wrong direction by practicing/outlining essays under the Federal rules then remembering - SHIT!! - its CA rules we need! I'm trying to just flowchart the entire thing very slowly...