7.12.2007

A rough start

Property day is off to a rough start.

On the agenda for today: 34 released property questions from MDR, 54 released property questions from Emanuel, outline 3 property essays, simulate 2, make my patented property attack pack, simulate the Westside Community PT at 2pm and review Honsiberg's first lecture on general PT strategies.

So far I have: woken up with a headache, taken 4 advil, went for my run anyway, watched President's Bush's press conference (didn't I say I wasn't going to do that anymore?), threw a sock at President Bush's face, taken a shower, and.... drumroll please... scored 53% on my first set of released property MBEs.

Contracts yesterday and Property today are really getting me down. These scores are significantly lower than my performance on the simulated MBE which was supposedly harder. Last week, I was consistently scoring around 85% on mixed sets of released MBEs. These scores are no better than what I started with during the 6 day PMBR. I think at this point, it's just a mind game. Maybe the torts set yesterday got me overly-confident and I'm not taking them as seriously as I should. Or maybe karma really is a bitch and this is what I get for shit-talking about a couple of individuals in my Barbri class who I think will fail. Or maybe my worst nightmare has come true and the MBE subjects, feeling neglected by my devotion to CA essays, have fallen out of my brain. Whatever the explanation is, I need to get over it and get back to work.

There will be updates to this ongoing crisis throughout the day. Feel free to check back, if for no other reason than to make yourself feel better about your own scores.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you go to school in socal/oc?

Amanda said...

nope

biff said...

fwiw, i think you're in good shape.