7.21.2007

Ingredients of Success: Adrenaline, Jello, and a dash of Serenity

I just ran for 2 straight miles- ran- no stopping for water breaks or to catch my breath- just ran. I don't think I've done that since the 6th grade track meet (the last time I was officially athletic). You could say the adrenaline is pumping. On the last stretch of the run, my legs started to turn to jello, sort of like my brain feels now. Ah, the great analogy- the bar exam really is a marathon.

When I got back, I went in the pool by myself. No bratty kids, no husband, just me. I floated around and took deep breaths. I even explained character evidence to myself in very basic terms, realizing that if you take away all the complicated distinctions- it's not that tough of a concept to grasp. And somewhere between the running and the floating- I found that feeling of serenity that they say comes over you the weekend before the bar (they being past bar bloggers).

It is going to be ok. I know an insane amount of law. I have practiced an insane # of questions, and essays. I will never know everything. But neither will anyone else (except Chemerinsky). So I'll just keep chugging along until Monday at noon. And then I'll pack up and go slay the dragon.

End sentimental part of blog. Begin comedy:

1. On my way back from the pool, the little kid who caused the Great Apartment Gym Closure of Summer 2007 was heading towards me on her bike. I don't know if it's because I look especially mean/scary today or if it's just the cumulative experience of me giving her dirty looks this summer, but she turned around and rode the other way. Success.

2. On my run, I was of course listening to my bar exam motivational soundtrack. I had thrown Madonna's "Like a Prayer" on there, not really for any other good reason than I like it and it reminds me of being a kid and dancing around with my sister. Anyways, I have a reason now. If you listen to that song, picture Madonna singing it to Chemerinsky: "In the midnight hour, I can feel your power, just like a prayer I wanna take you there [to the bar exam with me].... You are a mystery... just like a dream, you are not what you seem." I wonder if Chemerinsky googles his own name. If so, I hope he finds this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My song is "If you're going through Hell" by Rodney Atkins (I think)

"If you're going through hell, keep on goin'; don't slow down; if you're scared don't show it; You might get out before the devil even knows you're there!"

Here's hoping that the devil (failing score) never even knows that we're in hell next week (the exam).

Liney said...

Goodluck!