7.23.2007

Ready.... Set..... Wait.

I'm ready. Right now. Let's go. But alas, we still have a little over 24 hours to go. But I'm all packed up (see list o' crap below), just got back from my 2 mile run (ran the whole thing again), and trying to 'relax' watching GMA.

But instead, I'm just running outlines through my head. The big picture is gel-ing (sp?) and I'm confident that the details are in there too, just waiting for me to ask for them tomorrow. Yesterday, I even read up on - gasp- mortgages- and guess what? they're not so scary after all! I feel exactly like I wanted to at this point- like there is nothing I could have done to be more prepared. I want to walk out of there on Thursday knowing that I passed.

On a side note, on GMA right now, they're doing a story on a man that got attacked by a shark off the coast of Hawaii. He's a lawyer from Ohio. Figures. Let the lifetime of lawyer jokes begin. I'll focus on the positive- he was snorkeling- which is exactly what I'll be doing in a coupla weeks.

So here's my list o' crap: (keep in mind that I overpack because (a) I'm a girl and (b) I'm a worry-wart)
  1. 3 tees to wear on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: including one that says "It is what it is" for the last day.
  2. cargo capri pants with pockets perfect sized for granola bars.
  3. flip-flops and tennis shoes (i'm thinking the flip-flops will be too noisy for going to the bathroom)
  4. workout clothes
  5. my lucky necklace
  6. my lucky sweatshirt, which loyal readers have informed me I can wear (where did I get the idea that no hoods were allowed...)
  7. a non-hooded jacket in case loyal readers are wrong (love ya guys)
  8. my bar exam soundtrack on cd (for the car) and mp3 player (for workouts)
  9. extra batteries for mp3 player
  10. camera
  11. extra batteries for camera
  12. a bathing suit for the hotel pool (unless it's filled with crazy bar takers)
  13. 'Friends' DVDs in case I'm bored in the hotel room
  14. granola bars, cherry coke zeros, water bottles, tea bags, and other snacks
  15. a map of downtown sacramento marked with nearby food places
  16. all of my barbri books (because they are a security blanket)
  17. my stuffed animals fluffy (go ahead, make fun of me, i can take it- he's a security blanket too... just more comfortable to cuddle with than barbri books)
  18. PMBR CDs- in case I can't sleep, Steven Palmer will get me there.
  19. advil, migraine medice, migraine ice head cooling patches
  20. alarm clock
  21. cell phone (set only to ring for husband) and charger
  22. all the good luck cards i've received from family and friends
  23. my attack binder
  24. my flashcards
  25. earplugs
  26. pens & pencils
  27. my admission ticket
  28. my laptop
  29. my ziploc bag o' fun
I still have to go to Target for a few things on the list and I'm planning on treating myself to a new CD to listen to after the bar exam soundtrack gets old on the 3 hour trip to Sacto. I'm planning on leaving here by 11, stopping at husband's work for lunch and for an internet cable and then getting into Sacto between 2:30 and 3. Check-in is at 3 but I'm thinking all the other anal-retentive test-takers will be there at 3. So I'll beat them by getting there at 2:30. [insert evil laugh here]

I'm hoping that I'll have internet in the hotel room, so I can update throughout... but in case I don't...

Good luck to everyone! You are all rockstars and getting to know you through your blogs has been a pleasure. You guys always motivated me to work harder and reminded me that I was not alone in this, as isolating as the process felt at times. I'm rooting for each and everyone of you. I wish you luck- but the Sakai kind of luck- where preparation meets opportunity. We can do this!

2 comments:

The Grand Poobah said...

Good Luck Amanda!

Hey, isn't a 10b5 an intentional Tort?

Blah.

Remember to take a second set of earplugs for your nose in case the person next to you stayed up all weekend studying and neglected his regular personal hygiene routine! You might come out of this with a set of lucky ear(nose)plugs! (;-)>

Take care, and Good Luck!

biff said...

gooood luck!